Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blue Bag Bliss and TAG!

Yes, CC adores cerulean (See yesterday’s “Catch a Wave” post for more evidence . . . )
Today’s focus: bright azure handbags for fall.

Be sure to check out “Project Self”, today's tag, too!

Runway inspiration: Roberto Cavalli, via Italian Vogue
Note that royal is paired with an animal print - genius!
Botkier always seems to have the best selection of blue bags:
Botkier Sasha mini leather duffle bag, at neimanmarcus.com
Your azure accessories need not be leather! This Botkier Stevie convertible satchel is super sassy in nylon.

At shopbop.com.
And the price is definitely right on this American Apparel vinyl laptop bag, at just $34.
How ‘bout a blue clutch? The Lelya patent snakeskin fold wallet at left doubles as a slim purse! And the Tory Burch resin clutch below is so sleek! Both at shopbop.com.

Libertas Lola cobalt snakeskin clutch.

Go to ravinstyle.com.
Valentino Noued D'Amour satin bow evening bag, available at Saks Fifth Avenue
The formula for fall on the runways? (See Valentino, e.g.): black and blue!

3.1 Phillip Lim Toni carryall. Visit standardstyle.com
Another oversize stunner: Christian Louboutin Fred leather trim canvas duffle bag, at saks.com
Tracy Zych cobalt Myrtis bag, at chickdowntown.com.
Mazzini leather shoulder bag via style.it
Why so blue, S?
Well, at least your bag looks happy!

Btw – how freakin’ awesome was the GG premiere last night? OMFG!!


Photo at left via cwtv.com.
Get the Gossip Girl look with this Marc B star quilted chain shoulder bag, on sale for $46 at asos.com!

Project Self
I have been tagged by the lovely and über-stylish
Marta with a really inspiring self-reflection exercise.
Now the rules .....
State 8 things you like about yourself, 3 things you dislike, and 5 things that you have previously disliked but have learned to love. You (the tagged blogger) must state something you love about both the person tagging you as well as the individual you tag. Post a picture that displays at least one of the things you love or dislike about yourself.
One thing I really love about Marta (pictured at right) is her warmth and openness. She is truly inquisitive about the world and her approach to new people and knowledge is genuine. Of course, she is also an amazing beauty with a keen eye for fashion and sassy sense of style!
8 things CC likes about CC:
- my creativity
- I can work/live pretty much anywhere, from Atlanta to NYC to Salamanca. In fact, CC is contemplating a teaching gig in South Korea . . .

Photos: Top, the Michael C. Carlos Museum on the campus of Emory University - CC thought architecture scholar Marta would appreciate the reference, as the building (where CC once worked in Exhibition Design) was designed by postmodern master Michael Graves! Bottom, a South Korean hydrofoil
- that I can run 10 miles at a stretch
- I love to learn new things
- my dedication; when I put my mind to something, I can usually accomplish it.
- my long legs (no, that's not CC at right, but those Anlo Kate jeans are exactly CC's style! At singer22.com).
- I am super organized!
- my sense of style


3 things CC dislikes about CC:
- my ginormous feet
- unpredictable moods
- my inability to commit to one career


5 things CC previously disliked but has learned to love:
- my height; I am 5’ 10” and I still rock my stilettos, with absolutely no pity for the Tom Cruise-statured males whom I am unwittingly emasculating . . .
- I have a very rich fantasy life. Always hoping or wishing or looking for(ward to) something, like maybe a trip to Mykononos [pictured at left via nytimes.com]
- I’m a tad rigid; rather than think of myself as anal retentive, I try to appreciate my desire for order.
- my hair; I have colored it to within an inch of its life – both ultra dark and way too light, but now it’s fairly
close to “natural” (i.e. dark blonde). I also recently experimented with bangs – the photo at left was taken about 6 months ago . . .
- I wear my heart on my sleeve, which means I can be hurt easily, but it also allows me to love more deeply and empathize better.
I am tagging the fabulous
Marian of THE HOUSE OF STYLE. She is an incredibly genial woman with impeccable style. What impresses me about Marian (pictured at right) is her attentive and insightful remarks to her fellow fashionistas. Though she has a full life and a demanding career as a stylist, she takes time and care in both her posts and comments. She is sociable, fashionable and devoted: all qualities that CC admires!
Thanks to all my fellow fashionistas for their loyalty, encouragement, and fabulous fashion sense!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers