Saturday, June 20, 2009

TAG ~ You’re All It!

I. Tagged by lovely Fellow Fashionista Jennifer of I know, right? to list 10 Honest Things About CC:
1. Even though I am 5’10”, I have no compunction about wearing ridiculously high heels. Italian Vogue, December 2006.
2. I could drink champagne/prosecco/sparkling wine every day and never tire of it. W, March 2007.

3. I adore the beach but I haven’t been to one in two years… Lovely watercolor by Laura L. Trevey.
4. Don’t hate CC… I am smitten with furs, especially vintage ones! Vogue, October 2008.
5. Sometimes I binge on chocolate/cupcakes/brownies. Italian Vogue, September 2003.
6. I rather love sunbathing… avec SPF, of course. Guy Bourdin photo, French Vogue, June 1986, via nytimes.com.
Italian Flair, May 2004.
7. Doing laundry is actually fun for me! Italian Elle, 2006.
8. I really envy people who can draw like this. Versace Atelier illustration courtesy Fellow Fashionista Fashion Moment.
9. I’ve always fantasized about having a nude self-portrait done like Samantha did on SATC… Have any of CC’s Fellow Fashionistas done this? Photo via V Magazine Beauty.
10. I spend obscene amounts of money on shoes when I find a pair that actually fits… I’ma size 41/11! Christian Louboutin Glitter Pump at Bergdorf Goodman.
CC is tagging ALL of her Fellow Fashionistas to do this one ~ simply post the banner and have at it; can’t wait to hear your 10 Honest Things, darlings!


II. Tagged by lovely Fellow Fashionistas Jennifer of I know, right? and Dana of Deco Love to respond and rework the following questionnaire:
What are your current obsessions?
My new pillow-top mattress [Eugenio Recuenco editorial for Vogue Bride Spain] and
blue eye shadow [Vogue, March 2006].
What are you wearing today? (tonight, actually…)
An American Apparel burnout tee as a dress (with strapless tube dress underneath) and these gorgeous Pedro Garcia peep toe satin platforms. They are a dusty rose, which translates to nearly nude ~ ultra flattering!
What's for dinner?
We shall see… am dining out this evening! Perhaps some fried calamari?
Which countries would you like to travel to?
Turkey, Vietnam, Germany and Morocco
What language would you like to learn?
Francais, sil vous plait!
What is your dream job?
I am doing it, just not getting paid enough… (Blogger + Pilates Instructor)
What is your favourite magazine?
Just got a subscription to Nylon and am adoring it, but Vogue is my first love…
If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
This Dolce & Gabbana bra ~ $80 at theOutnet.com.
What is your favourite fruit?
I am loving blueberries right now!
What's the last thing you bought?
These Elle Macpherson Intimates Boudoir knickers to match the corset!
What are you listening to right now?
Yo la tengo, “Autumn Sweater”
What is your favourite ice cream flavour these days?
Coconut. And make it gelato, please!
What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Jennifer is an intelligent, warm, stylish blogger!
What’s your must-have piece for summer?
I am contemplating buying some cuffed shorts but I don’t know if I have the chutzpa at the ripe old age of 33… Alex Lane fuchsia silk shorts at intermixonline.com.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
A yoga class at my old studio on 105th and Broadway in NYC!
What’s your favourite quote these days?
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” –Abraham Lincoln
Thanks for the inspiration, S-C of Girl Meets NYC!
Who do you want to meet right now?
My husband.
What's your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A classic DVF wrap dress that I bought about 15 years ago! (Justin dress at left available at shopbop.com.). Looks great with flip flops for day or heels for evening ~ so versatile and fabulous!
Favourite designer at the moment?
Alexander Wang. Corset dress at shopbop.com.
What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Wearing a costume that makes one emotionally uncomfortable. Physical pain is another thing entirely ~ often a necessity, particularly where corsetry and stilettos are concerned! As Marilyn Monroe’s character stated in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, “A lady never admits her feet hurt.”
Do you admire anyone's style?
Yes, indeedy! Right now, I am terribly obsessed with Lady Gaga, and any M.O.D. ~ Model Off Duty, a term coined by Alexander Wang to describe the type of woman for whom he designs. Jessica Stam backstage at Marc by Marc Jacobs, via nymag.com.
Describe your personal style.
Right now, fairly quirky and sexy. I am loving this Elizabeth and James black chiffon blouse I just bought at the Outnet.com, worn with a lacy bustier underneath and a pair of skinny pants. What are you going to do after this?
Go running, then get dolled up to go out! French Vogue, October 2001.
CC tags all of her fab Fellow Fashionistas!
xoxox,
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers